Saturday 17 June 2017

Why I will not reveal anything about Ronaldo’s future – Portugal coach, Santos


Head coach of Portugal, Fernando Santos, has refused to speak on Cristiano Ronaldo’s future at Real Madrid, stating that, “he has a pact with his players.”
Ronaldo has reportedly made it clear he wants to leave the La Liga champions , over allegations of tax evasion.
“I’ve known him for many years,” Santos told a press conference ahead of Portugal’s Confederations Cup opener against Mexico on Sunday..
“I was his last coach in Portugal when he was 18 years old. I can put my hands on the fire for his character and integrity, as a man and an athlete. That’s my clear statement. I trust him 100 per cent as an athlete and as a man.”
Santos was pressed on the subject of Ronaldo further, but declared: “I’m sure you want to ask the same questions but I will answer no more questions about Cristiano Ronaldo.
“I have a pact with my players, I have a great relationship with each of them. We’ve laid down that everything to do with their personal relationships is done outside the team.
“When we’re focused on a tournament, all those other issues, we don’t pay attention to. So you have to pay attention to what the sources are for this information. I never heard about some of the news being spread. Either I am deaf, and I’m not, everyone knows I’m a great listener, or you have to be careful about where this news comes from.
“Cristiano supports every single player in the team and we have a great relationship. There are no individuals. Each player supports the other.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot