Friday 2 June 2017

Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo ‘relaxed’ over tax fraud allegations

Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo ‘relaxed’ over tax fraud allegations

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo says he is “relaxed” about allegations he defrauded the Spanish tax authorities of €15 million, and that he “sleeps very well” knowing he has always done the right thing.
Spanish prosecutors are considering whether Ronaldo should face charges for avoiding the payment of taxes due on image rights income between 2011 and 2014, with a union head at the tax authority claiming that the 32-year-old could face jail time for deliberate evasion.

The issue is similar to the one that saw Lionel Messi found guilty of tax evasion in summer 2016, with Spain’s Supreme Court having recently ratified a sentence of 21 months for the Barcelona star, although as a first-time offender that punishment was suspended.
Speaking on El Chiringuito TV, Ronaldo said the issue was not bothering him and his only focus at the moment was Saturday’s Champions League final against Juventus in Cardiff.
“I am very relaxed about it the truth is very, very relaxed,” Ronaldo said. “I know that these things can be resolved with the best decisions. So I am good. I can say from the depth of my heart, looking straight into the camera.
“When you do things well you can go to bed feeling relaxed. And I sleep well always, always. So I am good, and only thinking about the Champions League final.”
Asked if he felt mistreated by the media, Ronaldo said the most annoying thing was when people said or published things about him which were just not true.
“I would not say badly treated, I would not put them all in the same bag,” he said. “When they say things without knowing the truth, things that are not true, that annoys me. I could spend my whole life denying things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot