Tuesday 6 June 2017

Monaco’s Djibril Sidibe open to moving to the Premier League

Monaco’s Djibril Sidibe open to moving to the Premier League

Arsenal and Tottenham could have a chance of signing Djibril Sidibe this summer after the Monaco right-back again opened the door to a move to the Premier League.
Sidibe, 24, revealed last season he might have joined Arsenal rather than Monaco had the North London club’s interest not dropped late in the 2016 summer transfer window.

Instead, the France international, who has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Tottenham this summer, joined Monaco from Lille, and played a key role in their Ligue 1 title win and run to the Champions League semifinals.
Sidibe, who is preparing for France’s World Cup qualifier in Sweden on Friday, is just a year into the five-year deal he penned at the Stade Louis II, but has again said that he is keen to play in England one day.
“It’s a league that attracts me, but there are a lot of French players who left early or at a time in their career that wasn’t necessarily the best, and they have disappeared a little,” Sidibe is quoted as saying by L’Equipe.
“You have to leave at the right time and know if I have the ability to perform well there. The top five in England is attractive, but it’s very difficult even if I’m not afraid.
“It’s quite an unusual period with a year to go to the World Cup. There will be a time for thinking about things. It’s already started actually, even if right now I’m completely focused on France. I’m quite open, but I’m under contract with Monaco and it doesn’t worry me to do another season.
“My criteria is playing time, the environment for me to improve in and increase my chances of establishing myself long-term in the French national team.”
Sidibe could be an option for Arsenal and Tottenham, with the Gunners’ Hector Bellerin reportedly attracting interest from Barcelona and Spurs’ Kyle Walker being linked with a summer exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot