Friday 5 May 2017

Why I turned down move to China – Ozil


Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil has revealed he rejected a mega offer to play in the Chinese Super League.The 28-year-old whose current contract expires in June 2018, has been linked with an exit from the Emirates, as he is yet to agree a new deal.
But Ozil insists that it is not all about money for him or else he would have been playing in the Far East now.
“Money never played a big role for me in football,” he told Goal.
“I play football because I love it. Sure, you do not earn peanuts and the offer from China was tempting and interesting.
“But as I said: Money is not everything. I want to win titles and I have my goals I want to achieve. That is more important than money. That’s why I said from the beginning that China is not an option for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot