Saturday 8 April 2017

“Why I Walked Out On Jonathan” – Sheriff


Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, has opened up on the reason he stormed out of a peace meeting of the party convened by ex-president, Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.
National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, yesterday stormed out of a meeting called by former President Goodluck Jonathan to unite the two major factions of the party.

Sheriff arrived at about 3:10 pm when Jonathan had just ended his opening remarks, and sought to preside over the meeting as the party’s authentic chairman.
Sheriff further demanded that he be allowed to make an opening remark but both requests were turned down. It was at this stage that Sheriff walked out with some members of his National Working Committee, NWC.
The former Borno state governor told newsmen that he was shocked at being denied the opportunity to preside over the meeting.
“The party as at today has one national chairman, which is Ali Modu Sheriff. There is no PDP meeting that will take place under any arrangement that I will not make an opening remark as national chairman.
“I think Governor Dickson made a proposal and we have accepted it. Other people have a programme to bring an agenda which is not part of the proposal.
“And as a national chairman of the party, I told you people in my office that I will not be party to anybody using me to do another programme; I will not be.
When asked if he has respect for the former president who convened the meeting, Sheriff said, “I have respected him by flying from abroad to attend the meeting.
“We have a programme, which is initiated by Dickson, anything outside that, I will not be part of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot