Saturday 29 April 2017

Conte admits Hazard might leave Chelsea


Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, has said he cannot guarantee Eden Hazard will be at the club next season, with Real Madrid interested in signing the midfielder.

Hazard has been in great form this season and he has been directly involved in 20 goals in 31 league games for the Blues, who are four points clear at the top of the Premier League table.


“I think that it’s impossible for me to take this responsibility, but not only for Eden but for every single player,” Conte told reporters at a news conference on Friday.

“In this situation, it’s the club who have the final decision.

“I can say my opinion about this situation, but I repeat: the club has the final word about this situation. I think that everything is possible, everything is possible in football. But not only for Eden, but for every single player.

“You must understand that there are different wills to compare, and then to take the decision. I think Eden is very happy to stay with us and work with us. I think his family is very happy to stay here and play for this team, for this club.

“The fans love him and I think there are a lot of positive things that bring him to stay here and to try to reach the best with this club. Don’t forget, the target of this club is to try to win in every competition we play in.

“I don’t think that this idea [to sell Hazard] is in the mind of the club. I think we have to improve the team, to reinforce the team. But you know that, in football, there is also the will of the player.

“But I think, also Eden is very happy to stay in Chelsea, to stay with us and work with us. Yes. I can tell this. But in the future? I haven’t got a crystal ball, no.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot