Tuesday 7 March 2017

My husband told me to sleep with my labourer – Wife alleges


An estranged wife, Modupe Daisi, on Monday told a Customary Court sitting in Aiyedun-Ekiti, that her 75-year-old husband, Sunday Owolabi, consented to her dating their farm labourer only to turn around to accuse her of adultery afterwards.
The plaintiff was seeking an order of the court to retrieve the N50,000 receipt of the farmland she bought through her husband in 2009.

The woman told the court that her husband had once told her labourer, Ojo Folorunso, to feel free to have her.
Modupe said that her husband later turned around to accuse her of adultery.
She told the court, “My husband had sometime in the past told the man, who was assisting me on my farm, to feel free to date me.
“My husband even showed Folorunso where he was operated on when he had a surgery.
“In December 2016, I went to spent seven days working on our plantation.
“On my return home, my husband began to threaten me that he would kill me with a machete.
“He alleged that I went to enjoy myself with my labourer.”
She further disclosed that she divorced her husband 10 years ago, but they resettled two years after, when the man came to plead with her.
The husband, Owolabi, who was absent in court on Monday, was, however, represented by his younger brother, Omoniyi Owolabi.
Omoniyi told the court that his elder brother’s absence was due to an illness.
He said that his elder brother chased out his wife because she was alleged to have eloped with her farm labourer.
However, the President of the Customary Court, Mrs Yemisi Ojo, in her ruling, ordered that a search warrant be sent to Sunday’s house.
Ojo said the search warrant was to retrieve some of the property the woman claimed she could not pack along with her while leaving her matrimonial home.
She also ordered that the plaintiff should bring a witness to the court that would affirm her claim of paying for the farmland in contention.
She then adjourned the case to March 27 for continuation of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot