Saturday 4 March 2017

My husband had sex with me once in four years – Woman tells court


One Adesewa Useni has approached Ojo Oba/Mapo Grade C Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, praying that her four-year-old marriage to her husband, Wasiu Useni, be dissolved and the custody of their only child be given to her.

Adesewa stated in her suit that her husband had neglected her and their three-year-old child.

She further stated that he beats her on a regular basis and deprived her of her conjugal rights.


“I was resolute when I got married that my marriage would be a blissful one, but my husband has made it hell.

“Exactly a week after we got married, he abandoned me and stopped sleeping at home. I hardly set my eyes on him and this could sometimes go on for months.

“He likewise abandoned his responsibility of caring for the home. He wasn’t bothered if our child and I ate or not. He is also not interested in our daughter’s education. He felt generally unconcerned about our welfare.

“He also became emotionally detached and stopped making love to me. But he lusts after other women whom he brought to our matrimonial home any time I was not at home, “she stated.

“But any time he was around, we would always quarrel and on many occasions, fight me.

“When I reported him to his parents, his mother complained that I was not persevering enough, but his father took it upon himself to play the role of a breadwinner which his son had jettisoned.

“There was a time he decided that we move to a rented apartment with no light, water, bathroom and toilet. I complained about it, but he told me that was what he could afford. Since I was not ready for another round of argument or fight, I tolerated the unwholesome condition.

“He was running a private nursery and primary school before we got married and I took up a teaching appointment there but had to resign because he was selfish, self centered and never willing to listen to advice.

“We made love only once in our four years of marriage. When I realised he was still not ready to perform his conjugal role, I reported him again to his father who burst into tears after listening to all I had to say.

“I moved out of his house two years ago when it dawned on me that things were getting worse.”


The defendant agreed to the plaintiff’s prayer of divorce but refused that she had custody of their child.

“My wife was never contended with whatever I gave her as food allowance or fund to run the home generally.

“She knew that I sing. I had a show a week after we got married and I told her and my twin brother about it. I was surprised that she could make a scene out of this.

“She also stated that I brought women home which is a lie. What happened then was that I decided to carve out a room where I could stay during the week from the two flats I was using as school. I attended to people mostly my pupils’ parents who desire to see me after school hours there.

“She was always suspecting my moves because she also doesn’t have clean hands.

“She has decided to paint me black before the court, but she’s the number one culprit when it comes to issue of infidelity.

“It will surprise the court to hear that she finally moved out of my house and started dating my sister’s husband who rented an apartment for her. He actually helped her in packing her things out of my house when I was not around.

“My lord, I’m also no more interested in our union, she’s free to go.”

The court president, Chief Ademola Odunade, ordered the duo to appear in court with their parents and adjourned the case till March 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot