Thursday 4 August 2016

Woman gang raped by armed men points finger at husband


A 45-year-old woman, who was gang-raped in Abakaliki, has pointed fingers at her husband, who she claimed sent armed men to rape her. 

Giving an account of her ordeal to the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN), she narrated that her attackers removed her from a commercial motorcycle she boarded and transferred her to theirs. 

She was then taken to a bush around San Diego hotel, where they took turns to rape her before departing thinking she was dead.
According to the woman whose name was not disclosed, a good Samaritan discovered her and took her to a hospital, where she has been receiving treatment. 
“They took me to a swampy bush behind the San Diego Hotel, Kpirikpiri, Abakaliki, where they gang-raped, tortured and abandoned me thinking I was dead. 
“A good Samaritan came to my rescue and informed the police who took me to a hospital where I was placed on intensive medication,”  
“I reported him at the Family Law Centre,Abakaliki, over his incessant assault and inhuman treatment which causes me deep physical and emotional trauma." 
She also revealed that her husband threatened to kill her saying that the case will end soon as she has been eliminated. 
“During the last sitting of the Centre’s court, he boasted that my case with him will end when I am eliminated", she said. 
DSP George Okafor, the Public Relations Officer of the Ebonyi Police Command, said the state security is aware of the incident. 
As at now, the police are focused on ensuring that the woman gets better, while investigation continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot