Sunday 10 July 2016

‘I have no competition amongst Nigerian female artistes’ – YBNL Princess


YBNL newest signee, Temmie Ovwasa, popularly known as YBNL Princess has said that she does not feel threatened by other Nigerian female artistes- stating that she has no competition.
In an interview with Saturday Punch, the sonorous singer and guitarist mentioned that she has no competition.

In her words;
“The sky is big enough for every artiste to fly, so I see and have no competition. The only competition I have is myself. I am not even threatened by by other Nigerian female artistes because I feel we are working towards achieving one particular goal”.
When asked about her relationship status, the singer replied that she is in a relationship with her guitar and wants a man who won’t be threatened by her fame.
I am in a relationship with my guitar for now because it is supportive of my career and an indelible part of it. My dream man must be supportive of my music career and mature enough not to be threatened by my fame. He must also not see me as a competition and he must be grounded in God. I may date a musician if we both share similar values”.
She also revealed that she has written over 300 songs.
“I don’t have any album in the works yet. However, I do have a single titled Jabole, which I wrote when I was 14. It was inspired by a crush I had on a certain boy who I was too shy to talk to. I am extremely happy that my label boss picked that song out of all the songs I have ever written. I love the innocence in the lyrics of the song. I have written over 300 songs even though I have stopped counting. I could write songs for other artistes in the near future. Sometimes, when I write a song, I can immediately tell that the song belongs to someone else aside from me. At other times, when another person writes a song for me, I can immediately connect with it“.
Temmie has released the video to her debut single ‘Jabole’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot