Monday 11 July 2016

Arsene Wenger: I won't break Arsenal contract to take England job

Arsene Wenger has ruled out leaving Arsenal to become the new England manager, but said he would be open to taking the job in the future.
The Three Lions post is currently vacant following Roy Hodgson's decision to resign after the side's Euro 2016 round-of-16 elimination at the hands of Iceland.

Wenger has been one of a number of names to have been linked with the job, but the Frenchman insists he will not break his contract with the Gunners, which runs until next summer.
"Could I manage England, why not? I would never rule that out, but I am happy and focused in club football," Wenger is quoted by the Daily Mirror as telling beIN Sports.
"I have one more year to go with Arsenal and I have been with them for a long time. I have always respected all my contracts [throughout my career] and will continue to do that. What will I do after that? Honestly, I don't know."
Wenger said he took great disappointment in seeing England crash out of Euro 2016, adding: "England is my second country. I was absolutely on my knees when England went out against Iceland, I couldn't believe it.
"But when you watched the game you could sense, after 60 minutes, that the worst could happen. Did they panic or were they tired? I don't know, but England couldn't find an answer to what Iceland posed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot