Monday 23 March 2015

Man finds £1.25million has been put into his bank account

Man finds £1.25million has been put into his bank account

There’s a bit of a Monopoly theme to the news today, what withLondon being orange on the new international edition, and the tips onhow to win being unveiled.
But it all became a bit too real life for Kieran McKeefery when a bank error went in his favour, leaving him with £1,245,000 in his account.

Naturally, he started thinking about what he could have done with the money which was transferred to him by accident, but his conscience got the better of him.
He contacted Natwest who told him it was from an investment company and it was up to their bank to retrieve the funds.
Eventually they took the money back, but generously he was left with an extra £210 in interest.
Kieran McKeefery who was shocked when he found 1.25 Million pounds had been paid into his bank account. Picture shows his bank balance. See Ross Parry copy RPYBANK : A man was baffled after he logged on to his online banking and discovered he had a mystery #1.25 MILLION in his account. Shocked Kieran McKeefery, 21, couldn't believe his eyes when his bank balance had been boosted by an incoming cash transfer of #1,245,000. After mulling over what he could spend the cash on, the web designer phoned his bank, Natwest, and asked them to investigate. Bank bosses could only tell him the enormous bank-to-bank same-day payment had coem from a huge investment company - and it was up to their bank to take it back. It was an agonising TEN days before the company retrieved the cash - but leaving tempted Kieran with a bonus  of interest. Honest Kieran, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, said: "I checked my online banking and immediately I noticed I had #1.25 million in the bank.

Kieran, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, said: ‘I thought “oh god, what has happened” – I was a bit shocked more than anything else.
‘I called the bank and they said they would look into it.
‘I was kind of tempted [to spend the money] but I had read stories about people spending money mistakenly placed in their accounts and getting in trouble.
‘I spoke to my partner and she said to just leave it there and don’t touch it.
‘I was buying a new car the next day and I could have paid for it in cash – and bought quite a few more – with the money in my account.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot